Sunday, June 6, 2010

Do You Remember?

I recently received an email called "Childhood Memories" that included some photos of items from my childhood. I have to admit, I had forgotten some of them.

 I was dependent on the these spindles to play my 45's or I would have to be very accurate when placing the record on the turntable (which I wasn't). If it was off, the sound would drag and drive me crazy!


My Grandmother used to bring S and H green stamps back from the grocery store every week. Then she would lick them and put them in the stamp book. The coolest thing was that she got to trade them in for merchandise. She was so happy when she got a pressure cooker with them. It took a lot of stamps!!!


Was there any other kind of ice tray? Weren't they all metal? It was still difficult to get the ice out because sometimes it was just too hard to lift that handle and break the cubes loose.

I actually still have one (in the original box)! I wonder if it still works? Can you get film for them? Can you still buy flash bulbs? I know you can still buy Jiffy Pop! I saw it in the grocery store just yesterday.

 Of course, this was just the best thing of all!!!! It's what we spent our pennies on after school everyday. You can still get some of the candy itself, but you can't get it for a penny.

These were my very favorite! You can still buy these! The quality is not the same (nothing is), but they are still good. You can get quite a few of the old penny candy items from Oldtime Candy


I remember the Avon Lady coming to our house and I remember this commercial. Now, my sister is The Avon Lady. The products are still good. Have you checked out Avon products lately? They've come a long way! Get some from her website.The Avon Lady


Cherish your childhood memories and help make them for the current generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment