Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Funnies - Aliens in My Bedroom - A True Story!


Recently, my granddaughter came to wake me up during the night and told me there was an alien in her room! (I immediately thought about the time, when her mommy was a little girl, and sleeping in that very same bedroom, woke me up to tell me she had a purple monster with white polk-a-dots in her closet.)


I asked her where the alien was and she said she couldn't see him, so I asked how she knew he was in her room. She said "because he talked to me". I asked her what he said to her and she said he called her by name and told her to take off her panties. OMG! Can you just imagine what went through my mind! I totally panicked. Since nobody but me and my husband were in the house, I had no choice but to probe her little mind.


She said that was all he said to her and that his voice was outside her window, but he was far away. Okay, well, still. I just couldn't get past that underwear thing, even if it was just a dream. Something has to have happened to put that in her mind. Needless to say, she slept in our bed the rest of that night.


The next day, I told her Mom (my daughter) what had happened. We both knew that she would tell her kindergarten teacher about it and she would probably react the same way we did. So, my daughter decided the best thing to do would be to go ask the teacher if they had recently had a class conversation about aliens.


The teacher said that she most certainly was concerned about what my granddaughter had told her. Then she remembered that they had indeed talked about aliens, but it had been weeks ago! Not only had they talked about Aliens but they had read a book in class!






Can you even begin to imagine how relieved we were? Who comes up with this stuff to read to kindergarteners? Well, their names are Claire Freedman and Ben Cort. The name of the Book is, "Aliens Love Underwear". If you'd like to give your children or grandchildren nightmares, you can buy the book from Amazon.com.

Sweet dreams........

No comments:

Post a Comment