Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Love Apple Pie


After all that food, I'm 3 pounds heavier. I don't do New Year's resolutions but this might the year.

One of my favorite dishes this year for Thanksgiving was my apple pie. I seem to have a bigger taste for apples this year than usual.

Here's how I made it:

4 regular size apples (I used 2 red delicious and 2 golden delicious)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
a dash of ground cloves
5 pats of butter or stick margarine
1 premade pie crust (2 pack)

I don't like for the spices to overwhelm the natural apple flavor but I prefer a little spice to no spice at all.

Put all the ingredients into a large bowl (except the butter) and mix together. Coat the apples well.

Line the pie pan with one of the pie crusts. Arrange the coated apples onto the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the mixture over the apples.

Place the butter pats around on top of the apples and put one in the center.

Top it with the other pie crust. Pinch the edges together and cut slits in the top.

Bake at 425 or 45 minutes.

A sad thing happened the day after Thanksgiving...



R.I.P Bootsie - You were a part our family for 16 1/2 years. You brought us so much joy and we will miss you terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment