Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jack-o-lantern Cheese Sandwiches and Caramel Apples

Jack-o-lantern Face Cheese Sandwiches




As something fun to do, I made these sandwiches for the children's lunch. I cut the bread with a round bread/pastry cutter I got years ago from Pampered Chef. I put the mayonnaise on the piece of bread that I didn't cut the face out on.

On the other piece of bread, I used a sharp knife and carefully free-handed the jack-o-lantern face. I then placed a slice of round cut American cheese in the middle. I used a piece of the bread crust at the top for the pumpkin stalk. I popped them in the microwave for 12 seconds to lightly the melt the cheese. I didn't do a very good job, but the kids were "amazed" and pleased.






For dessert, we put caramels in a bowl and melted them in the microwave and dipped/drizzed over the apples. We then set them on wax paper to cool.





Vintage Halloween Postcard








No comments:

Post a Comment