Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gregg Allmann

The other day, as I was watching YouTube videos of Leon and Elton. I saw a video with them and Gregg Allman. I was shocked at Gregg's appearance. I don't know that I would have recognized him had his name not been in print.



If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I try to keep up with some of the old bands, like the Allman Brothers Band, posting about them from time-to-time. The news of Gregg didn't get to me somehow until I saw this video of Gregg singing with Leon Russell and Elton John at the Speaking Clock Revue. I was terribly concerned about how he looked in comparison to the most recent video I had seen of him.

Apparently, he underwent a liver transplant in June! Here's an excerpt from the statement on his website.

The transplant comes as a result of the artist’s previous battle with Hepatitis C, a liver disease. In late 2007, Allman began a series of treatments for his Hepatitis C, but chronic damage of his liver led to doctors recommending a transplant. “I changed my ways years ago,” Allman says, “but we can’t turn back time. Every day is a gift, and I can’t wait to get back on the road making music with my friends.” Read more at his website HERE

I'm very happy for him. I hope he lives a healthier life now and hangs around making more music for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment