Thursday, January 6, 2011

Paid Surveys and Paid Emails for Extra Income Updated 1/21/11

Since it's a new year, I, like many others, am looking for a way to reduce expenses and increase household income. Since I am sure many of you are too, I'd like to share this information with you.

For about 4 or 5 months, I signed up with Inbox dollars and Fusion Cash and Snap Dollars. Out of these 3, Inbox had the greatest income potential. However, you can only cash out after you earn $30. The paid email pays on the average of 2 cents per email and if you don't take the surveys and sign up for the trials (like Columbia House, book clubs and insurance quotes), they won't pay your earnings. The reason: They are trying to sell you something. If you join the CD, DVD or book clubs, you will end up spending way more than you earn, so that is certainly not a good deal.

Not only are these things very time consuming but most of the surveys will lead you into answering many personal questions, including income and your phone number (so that they can start calling you to personally try to sell you something) and then will often stop in the middle of the survey and say that you don't qualify. By then, of course, they have what they really wanted anyway. I even received a warning email about not giving out my correct phone number or a valid number where I could be reached because I used 000-000-0000 and sometimes the rejection hotline, if the zeros were not accepted and a phone number was required to continue.


Bottom line: Unless you are willing to receive telemarketing calls and sign up for memberships and trials that obligate you to purchase the minimum over a period of time, this is not a viable income source. There are those who swear it's a good way to earn supplemental income. For them it may be, but not for me.


I haven't seen anywhere that someone actually tells you what is truly involved in this kind of program, so I am.

UPDATE 1/21/11:  Upon my attempt to cancel with Inbox Dollars, I received this message:
InboxDollars is 100% FREE — there are no fees associated with being a member of this site.
Completing the Offers advertised on our site is entirely optional.
Many of our Offers, even the ones that require a credit card, are FREE Trials. If you’re not interested in Offers that require a credit card, then we happily recommend our 100% FREE Offers and our Survey Offers.
Furthermore, please note that you absolutely do not need to complete Offers to make money from us. You’re paid for every E-mail you read regardless of whether or not you complete the Offer that is advertised.

I think I'll continue this one for a while. I'll find out when I try to cash out if this is true. I'll update again at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment