Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Changing Seasons



As I looked out my front door today across the street where the trees are a rain storm of falling leaves, it occurred to me the barrenness of winter is soon to be here. It's almost Thanksgiving with Christmas closely following. I love this time of year but there's a kind of sadness in nature as the beauty of the bright autumn colors fade and fall away.

It is this time of year that I look back over the current year coming to a close and look forward to the holidays and the new year ahead. God has blessed me with a loving husband and happy home and a very sweet daughter who has given me a precious 2-year old grandson and a 4-year old granddaughter to make the holidays alive with joy and laughter. I think its going to be a good winter this year. I have so much to be thankful for. I think I'll invite my daughter over this weekend to make Christmas candy and start getting into the spirit of the holidays.

example

1 comment:

  1. I aready am pretty much. I took down the halloween decorations and my walls were so bare that I decided to go ahead and just throw all the christmas decorations up. Ill save the tree for further in the season though. Im sure the kids would love making the Christmas Candy.

    ReplyDelete