Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank God For Our Veterans




I am grateful to and thankful for all who have served and those who are serving. I have lost friends and others have come home. My husband and father and Uncle are veterans. My son-in-law is a veteran of the first Gulf War and my daughter is currently serving. I have friends whose children are serving and I'm very proud of you all.
example example
It is because of those who have fought in wars past and those who serve today that I can write this blog with the freedom to express myself without fear.
"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved."- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought. Let us have faith that right makes might and in that faith let us; to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865) Politician. President of the United States.

Men fight for freedom, then they begin to accumulate laws to take it away from themselves. ~Author Unknown

It is painfully regretful that some have ultimately sacrificed all. Though we are free, our hearts are broken.

example example Remembering T.J.

You can visit, reporter on the scene, Michael Yon's blog to see his latest report on Iraq and Afghanistan and view his pictures.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com

No comments:

Post a Comment