Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Mildew Mess


I didn't intend for my first post to be quite this way but I've spent the majority of the day on this so it's on my mind.

A few weeks ago my husband and I, my daughter and 2 of my grandchildren went camping. On the last day, it was raining. This meant all of the camping equipment was damp. We decided to leave it in the truck while we painted the camping equipment closet. A few days later, the camping things were unloaded and we had a mildew mess!

I had to find information on killing mildew from fabric. I found a good place to start.

Remove mildew from fabric chairs

I cleaned 2 children and 4 adult chairs, along with a pack and play. The only thing I did different was to spray everything with a light coating of windex before I used the solution and put a little pinesol in the water to disinfect the odor.

I didn't take a picture of the nasty mildew stains beforehand because I hadn't planned to post this (it was awful and it smelled terrible). I did take an after shot. I hope you can see that the stains actually came clean and the chairs smell just fine! My granddaughter's little pink chair still has a few stains but they are not very noticeable.

One article suggested using buttermilk. I decided to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment