Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Sweet Saturday



My daughter and granddaughter and I spent Saturday making candy. I really had a good time with them.

We used a Chocolate Heaven Deluxe Kit. I bought one for myself and for my two daughters last year. It's an electric fondue pot with utensils and candy molds, etc. It looks like a tiny crockpot.

I bought a tub of milk chocolate and dark chocolate discs from The Chocoley Company (Chocoley.com) and some white drizzle chocolate and some butter cream filling. I hear marshmallow cream also does well.


We got some mini vanilla wafers and put the butter cream filling between two wafers, placed them firmly together and dipped them into the melted chocolate (half milk chocolate and half dark chocolate). We put them in the refrigerator for a while to help with the drying.



We put the remaining chocolate into the candy molds that came with the fondue pot.

They went into the freezer to cool and harden for a little while. In the meantime, we put the bottle of white drizzle chocolate discs into a bowl of hot water to melt.



We took the chocolate out of the mold, took the tip off the drizzle chocolate bottle and my daughter decorated the candy. My granddaughter put the sprinkes on by herself!


After that, she got to make her own chocolate, red and green sprinkled flags and then she ate them. Of course, little brother had to get in on the action. It was a chocolate feast!









No comments:

Post a Comment